SRK has extensive consulting experience within the global coal industry, in established producing countries as well as emerging markets. Our experience covers both underground and open pit coal mining, for both hard coal and brown coal/lignite. We have worked with our clients on a wide range of projects, from grassroots exploration, through project development, prefeasibility and feasibility studies, to implementation and operational support..
Our global reach has delivered world class advice and support in the major coal producing regions of the world, including Australia, Indonesia, China, Mongolia, North America, Colombia, Russia, India, and South Africa.
Key areas of expertise in the coal sector include:
- Project valuation
- Technical auditing and due diligence
- Exploration targeting and prospectivity analysis
- Exploration program planning and management
- Regional and project scale structural geological interpretation
- Geological modelling using various software packages
- Geostatistical studies
- Coal resource estimation and classification to international reporting standards
- Open pit and underground mine design, planning and scheduling
- Assessment of coal reserves to international reporting standards
- Equipment selection, optimisation studies and audits
- Coal processing technologies and product market assessments
- Environmental and social impact assessments
- Geotechnical assessments and mine waste dump design
- Planning, design, construction, operation and closure of coal tailings facilities
- Hydrogeology and hydrology, including acid mine water remediation
- Mine rehabilitation and closure planning
- Operational assistance and productivity analysis
Our coal due diligence team has a world class portfolio of clients and projects relating to audits for acquisitions, sales, investments and listings on the main stock exchanges, having carried out Independent Expert’s Reports and NI 43-101 technical reports with resource and reserve reporting under international codes such as JORC and SAMREC. SRK consultants formed part of the committee responsible for the 2014 revision of the Australian Guidelines for Coal Resource Estimation and Classification.
As a global consultant to the coal industry, SRK has a large group of internationally recognised and experienced coal experts located in various SRK offices globally. This network is supported by dedicated associates who provide expertise in niche discipline areas and more broadly by the expertise of the wider SRK group. We have the ability to mobilise multidiscipline teams and to provide experts who have numerous years of coal experience, both at operational and consulting roles.
For more information please contact the individuals noted below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.