Geological mapping is fundamental to any exploration project. Effective mineral exploration requires an in-depth understanding of the lithological and structural controls of mineralisation. These insights must be gained through geological mapping at the early stages of the exploration program.
Mapping is a cost-effective exploration tool and a project-generative process that delivers tangible benefits to all exploration programs. A good geological map not only provides focus to an exploration program, it also clearly communicates the economic potential of a project to stakeholders.
At SRK, our exploration consultants have experience in mapping and the utilisation of drilling information in a variety of commodities and geological settings. Using our knowledge of regional to mine-scale mapping, interpretation of bottom-of-hole geology and coherent interpretation of drilling programs, we can generate high-quality products in a time-efficient manner. Our multi-disciplinary team ensures that the most appropriate datasets, including geophysics, are utilised to generate robust interpretations. Our consultants have access to a variety of software packages and can ensure that the data and interpretations generated can be included in subsequent work programs.
Our key services:
- Base mapping
- Drill core logging
- Structural mapping to define geometry and mineralisation controls at regional to mine scales
- Regolith mapping to support regional geochemical programs
- Alteration mapping to define controls on mineralisation
- Interpretation of multiple datasets in an integrated 3D environment
- Expert analytical support to solve specific issues (e.g. petrography, alteration, age-dating, fluid inclusions)