Open Pit Geotechnics
At SRK we have the knowledge and experience to perform open pit studies from scoping to feasibility level, as well as provide operational support, across most major resource types. Our consultants have worked on deposits on most continents, bringing both a broad perspective and international experience to your projects. We have strong experience in challenging open pit projects involving very large pits; poor or highly variable rock mass conditions; deep weathering; and difficult environments. Our deliverables are useful geotechnical models and design parameters to ensure that you get practical, focused results that add value to your projects. We have in-house expertise in an extensive range of modelling software and evaluation systems.
Experts in key areas can assist you to achieve successful outcomes and work closely with your teams to strengthen in-house capacity by transferring our understanding and skills.
Our geotechnical services for open pit mining include:
- Geotechnical characterisation and domain modelling
- Slope stability analysis
- Failure mode analysis
- Overall pit wall design
- Bench / berm design
- Slope depressurisation and dewatering requirements
- Ground control management planning and stability monitoring
- Excavatability and trafficability assessments
- Blasting design
- Due diligence and competent person reports covering all geotechnical aspects