- Exploration Services
- Geology, Resources & Geophysics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Tailings, Heap Leach & Waste Management
- Project Evaluation Services
Geological mapping is vastly under-utilised in mineral exploration and mining. Mapping underpins decision-making at all stages of the exploration process.
To be most effective when exploring or reviewing a project area, existing mapping and exploration data should be linked to or interpreted in terms of metallogenic processes, and projects ranked on the underlying geological setting.
Geological, structural and alteration mapping can provide focused drill targets in a matter of weeks.
Mapping is the primary control on structural geometry at the target level, so mapping saves costs by avoiding drilling poorly defined targets
In operations, open-pit and underground mapping can help refine existing geological and geotechnical models and provide impetus for new exploration and mining strategies, including targeting higher grades.
Mapping reduces exploration risks and should be carried out as a first pass and updated on a regular basis during the life of a project, regardless of the stage in the project cycle. Mapping is a cost-effective exploration method and a project-generative process that delivers tangible benefits to you.
Most importantly, well-mapped projects are well placed to clearly communicate to stakeholders the economic potential to people with a wide range of technical knowledge. A good map provides in-depth knowledge of the economic potential of your tenements and focus for your exploration programmes and your presentations.
Our team, with a combined experience of over 100 years, can provide high quality, tailored mapping services when and where you need it, anywhere in the world. SRK mapping geologists have mapped in a full spectrum of geological terrains, building up a skills-base that is unparalleled in the industry.
Teams are selected to suit your exact project needs, from scale and location to commodity experience. We identify key opportunities in your tenement and help you capitalise on your exploration potential.
SRK can provide the following final products:
- A geological map at appropriate scale and in a digital GIS format;
- Cross sections depicting the 4D geological evolution and geometry of the area;
- A 3D model of the map and cross sections, and where appropriate, a full 3D model of the geology should the client request it;
- A digital database of all observations and samples collected;
- A description of thin sections and other sample data;
- A report describing the geology, structure and alteration of the project area;
- Recommendations on exploration potential and strategies
Map data are collected digitally in the field, and initial maps and databases produced on-site. The preparation of final digital products and cross sections typically happens within a couple of weeks after field work.
We can provide a highly competitive quotation for any of your mapping needs