- Exploration Services
- Geology, Resources & Geophysics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Tailings, Heap Leach & Waste Management
- Project Evaluation Services
There is an increasing requirement for public entities to conform to best practice and tougher corporate governance standards. As a leading provider of independent technical and due diligence services, our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) approach provides a robust and documented application of risk management process and principles in accordance with acknowledged global risk management best practice.
Our technical specialists have broad experience with the state-of-the-art risk management tools related to their discipline. These tools vary widely. For example, the geotechnical engineers might use a reliability analysis to estimate the likelihood of a slope failure, and our environmental scientists might use an ecological risk assessment to characterise the environmental significance of the effect of the project on the environment.
One of our unique strengths is the ability to integrate the methods used by our technical specialists into analyses of overall risks. Our processes help to take the numbers generated by technical specialists and relate them to our clients’ broader financial, environmental, community, and health and safety objectives.
Our ability to apply complex risk tools is modulated by experience and judgment. Our specialists are aware of the weaknesses of overly quantitative risk tools, and work with clients to find the simplest approach.
Our goal in all cases is to help our clients achieve “risk efficiency”, i.e., a state in which all of the technical and non-technical issues facing an enterprise have been identified, analysed and mitigated to acceptable levels.
- Fault-tree analysis of engineered systems
- Event-tree analysis
- Reliability analysis of earth structures
- Dam safety risk assessments
- Human health and environmental risk assessment
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Technical-economic model risk analysis
- Enterprise wide risk management (EWRM)
- Facilitation of risk management workshops