Tailings & Waste Management
We have been extensively involved in the permitting, design, operation and closure of mine tailings and associated water disposal/management facilities since 1974. Our expertise includes a wide range of tailings products and hands-on knowledge of proven management techniques under a broad range of climatic conditions.
To achieve real cost benefits, it is necessary to integrate the design of your process plant with your tailings disposal system, while giving consideration to all design aspects from site selection to impoundment closure. Our philosophy towards tailings and water management is heavily based on our worldwide operational experience. We aim to provide solutions that appropriately cater for each project’s needs, providing stable facilities that can be practically operated and successfully closed.
Recognising the growing need for increased water efficiency, our integrated tailings and mine waste management team have enhanced knowledge of emerging thickened tailings technology, and can help you manage projects operating under strict water restrictions or limited water resources, enabling you to maintain a competitive advantage, while reducing the potential for contamination.
Our key services are:
- Short- and long-term strategic planning for tailings an water management
- Risk and hazard assessment
- Failure evaluations
- Feasibility studies and financial evaluations
- Emergency response plans
- Water balance development and utilisation
- Emissions testing and evaluation
- Geotechnical, hydrogeologic, rheologic and geochemical characterisation
- Geotechnical, hydrologic and rheologic evaluation and design (conceptual through to detailed)
- Assistance with state and federal government permit acquisition and compliance
- Assistance with construction management and quality assurance
- Assistance with operational monitoring and management
- Decommissioning, closure and landform restoration: planning, design and implementation